We hope you enjoy your time exploring the walks and tracks at Bream Head Scenic Reserve. Here are are some safety points to remember to make sure your day out is safe and enjoyable.
Plan your trip
- Choose the walk that suits the fitness levels in your group (examples here)
- Let someone know where you are going and give an expected return time.
Keep to the marked tracks
- Some of the walks have rocky outcrops with steep drop offs so keep to the marked tracks and supervise children
- Keep away from any predator traps for your safety
- Read the signs and information boards at the beginning of the tracks
Take some supplies
- Water bottle
- Snacks for the longer walks
- Wear sturdy shoes with good grip
- A bag for your rubbish
- Sweaters/raincoats in case the weather changes
- Cellphone – there is good coverage throughout the reserve
- Remember your camera!
Be aware of the weather
- Check the forecast
- Note that the tracks can be slippery after rain
Look after Bream Head Scenic Reserve
- Don’t light fires
- Take your rubbish home
Sorry, no dogs allowed
- Whangarei Heads is a kiwi sanctuary, so no dogs are permitted in the reserve or on any DOC tracks in Whangarei Heads.